Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Days 13b – 15a: Prague is sick but so am I



I felt myself getting a sore throat while in Munich so I thought a cold may be imminent. I brought some vitamin C from home and quickly burned through it. By the time we reached Prague I had a full blown cold. Not fun.

Our host in Prague unfortunately came down with the flu so we sent a bunch of couchsurfing requests the night before in hopes of getting a text on the train ride over. Nope. We arrived in Prague at 19:30 without a place to sleep for the night. In the train station, much to our delight, the Burger King had free Wi-Fi so we found a hostel within minutes. Without any physical maps we took pictures of google maps so we could navigate to the hostel.

For dinner we found a place on the internet not far away but after walking 100 meters or so we just turned into some place that looked good. We were the only people speaking English so I figured we were in a good place. Amanda just pointed to something on the specials menu and I sifted through the English menu to order a “Charles Potato Pancake.” I don’t who this Charles guy is but he must’ve done something alright to get a whole bridge and a potato pancake named after him in Prague.
We quickly discovered the Prague is a legitimately cheap place to visit. $5 goes a long way. Also, the beer is legitimately cheaper than water.


Lennon Wall. I'm still super sun burnt from skiing.

Over looking Prague

Some graffiti 

Big cathedral



Overlooking Prague

View of Charles Bridge

Some more graffiti

View of the castle and cathedral
Prague was a turning point for me in the trip. Amanda left to Seville after one night in Prague and carry on alone. After Amanda left I honestly didn’t do much in Prague because of my sickness. Luckily I was ready to go again after one day of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment